We specialise in all litigation matters covering a broad range of civil legal disputes as we represent both corporate and individual clients.
Litigation & Civil Law
This department concentrates on civil litigation with an emphasis on commercial matters such as contractual claims, building disputes, insurance and financial recoveries and matrimonial and family matters.
Individual & Corporate Legal Disputes
The litigation team covers a broad range of legal disputes and represents both corporate and individual clients. We appear regularly in both the high and magistrates court and before tribunals representing our clients. We have expertise in the following fields:
- 3rd party claims
- Commercial law
- Commercial, contractual and company disputes
- Credit law
- Curatorship / curator bonus
- General practice, High Court and Magistrate Court
- Matrimonial, custody and family matters
- Sequestrations, rehabilitations
General Legal Advice
We assist with general legal advice and cover all aspects of litigation (formal court action). We aim to use creative methods to settle disputes and to prevent lengthy legal battles.
Rescission of Judgement
If a defendant in a court action does not respond to a summons within the specified time limit, the plaintiff will generally be entitled to obtain judgment in its favour by default.
You would only be entitled to apply for the rescission of a Judgment that was granted against you if the other side consents thereto in writing or, that failing, if you can show that at the time that the judgment was entered, you were not in wilful default and that you had a valid and bona fide defence to the action instituted against you.
If you get consent for rescission of judgement it is a relatively simple matter to have the judgment set aside. If you don't get consent for rescission of judgement you can successfully apply to court for a rescission of the judgment only if you can show that at the time that the Judgment was entered, you were not in wilful default and that you had a valid and bona fide defence to the action instituted against you.
We offer our professional services as a correspondent attorney for Magistrate Court and High Court matters.
- We do not charge a fee for the perusal of documentation.
- Your instruction will receive our immediate and undivided attention.
- We acknowledge receipt of all instructions received, act promptly and accordingly and give high-quality feedback.
- We will be available on our cell phones at any given time should you require our immediate attendance on an urgent matter.